For posting public messages to announce events, provide information, etc.
|Subject||INTOSAI Global Survey 2017 (Before 30 April 2017)|
|Name||asosai_admin||Date||Feb 10, 2017|
Please find below the links to the survey. If you wish to print the survey, PDF copies are attached to this message.
This survey is a joint and coordinated INTOSAI effort, administered by the INTOSAI Development Initiative (IDI). The key partners within INTOSAI in this survey are: the INTOSAI regions, the INTOSAI Goal Committees, the INTOSAI General Secretariat, the INTOSAI Chair and the Chair of the INTOSAI Strategic Planning Taskforce, in addition to the INTOSAI-Donor Cooperation.
The objectives of the INTOSAI Global Survey are to:
1. Collect information and data to guide the capacity development efforts within INTOSAI (including those of the IDI, the INTOSAI Regions, and INTOSAI Committees).
2. Measure progress in the performance of Supreme Audit Institutions (SAIs) by updating information of the 2010 and 2013 SAI Stocktaking reports.
3. Provide data and information for developing and monitoring the implementation of strategic plans within INTOSAI (hereunder the INTOSAI Strategic Plan, IDI Strategic Plan and Regional.
4. Strategic Plans as well as the INTOSAI-Donor Cooperation Programme Document.
This survey covers the following thematic areas:
1. SAI Independence and Legal Framework
2. Developments in SAI Performance
3. Capacity Development of SAIs
4. Question about sharing data
5. Your inputs to the survey
There are a total of 134 questions in this survey. The following questions guided the design of the survey questionnaire.
1. What is the overall change in SAI Performance between 2014 and 2017?
2. Do SAIs have the degree of independence necessary to fulfil their mandates?
3. What is the progress on implementation of ISSAIs since 2014?
4. What is the extent and quality of support dedicated for the capacity development of SAIs?
The survey responses will remain confidential, as was the case in 2010 and 2013. This means that no reporting will be done on individual SAIs. Rather, responses will be analysed as an aggregate and shared through the Stocktaking Report as universal or regional data on SAIs. Since this is a coordinated effort, regional bodies and other survey partners would like to have the responses from the SAIs. In section four of this survey questionnaire, your SAI will be asked whether you are willing to share your responses with your regional organisation and other partners and in which topics.
Responding to the Survey
For the 2017 INTOSAI Global Survey, we recommend that SAIs assign a team, instead of a single person, to answer the survey. This can increase the accuracy in the survey answers. In order to cover the information needed to respond to the questions, we suggest that the team be formed by staff members with the following knowledge or functions within the SAI:
1. Responsibility for the SAI’s Annual Performance Report, as many of questions in the INTOSAI Global Survey are addressed in this annual report.
2. SAI’s legal framework, budget, external communication, and audit practices against ISSAI standards.
3. Human resources and staff development in the SAI.
4. External partnerships in capacity development programmes.
5. A staff to serve as survey secretary and coordinate answers.
We recommend that the survey secretary print copies of the survey questionnaire and call for a meeting with the selected team members to discuss and assign responsibility for answering sections or questions of the survey. Team members then provide answers to the survey secretary in the printed copies. The secretary then enters all the answers into the SurveyMonkey.
The survey application allows for saving your responses as you enter them. Your responses are saved when you click "Next" on each survey page. You will not be able to print a copy of your responses after completing the survey. However, you can go back and review or change your answers.
If necessary, SAIs can seek support for completing this survey from the Secretariat in their regions. The name and contact details for the contact person for the INTOSAI Global Survey in each region follow.
If you have any comment or doubt, do not hesitate in contacting the manager of the INTOSAI Global Survey at IDI. The contacts are:
Ms. Riselia Bezerra
email@example.com or Intosai.firstname.lastname@example.org
+47 9479 8005 or +47 9520 5001
Please submit the completed survey questionnaire by April 30th, 2017 at the latest.
The analysis of the INTOSAI Global Survey will be part of the information basis for the elaboration of the SAI Stocktaking Report 2017, which will be available by September 2017 and shared within the SAI community.
Thank you very much for your time and willingness to take part in the INTOSAI Global Survey.